Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Museum of Fine Arts - Houston

The highlight of my semester as a college art prof is taking my students to the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston. I get to collaborate with the staff in the Works on Paper room to set up a private showing of museum acquisitions - prints & drawings. Hoo-rah, I'm a curator for a day!

(oops, someone cropped her head off!)


It's so much fun to see the reactions of the students when they get a good, close look at the art.

Their perception about art is usually based on what they see on the computer screen so when they get a chance to be in a well lit room, without security guards breathing down their neck and they can take pictures, they are blown away!

Aren't these girls cute?! They're posing in front of a Picasso.



The best part is that I get to request art that I want to see. So here I am standing between 2 watercolors by John Singer Sargent. On the top left you can see the small etching by Rembrandt of his mother.


No comments: