Thursday, October 02, 2014

My Art Journal Page

Art Journal or Collage?


Some artists call their collages journal pages but I consider a mixed media (art) work a journal page only if it includes some personal writing (and not just a quote). For what it's worth, my art journal pages are not necessarily finished illustrations or collages, though they can be. 

I created this page in my art journal. It says: "I write down my feelings and paint over them."

There has been an interest in art journaling and I share my journaling techniques in a workshop I teach. You don't have to be a writer or an artist to benefit from keeping a visual journal.

If you click the "teaching" tab below my blog banner, you will see photos from workshops/classes I teach and how you can contact me if you'd like to know more information.

Stay tuned. I will be sharing more about my art journal pages here on my blog.



No comments: