Friday, July 26, 2013

WINS class with SARK

As mentioned in a previous blog post, I have been participating in an online class with SARK. Its duration has been 3 months and we are near the end.


Although it’s marketed as WINS (acronym for Write It New with Sark) for writers, it really isn’t a “how to” course for writing, more of a motivational course for anyone interested in pursuing their creative talent. Susan (aka SARK) sees her role as a transformation coach. Her bag of tricks  provide tools to overcome the inner critics. (You know, the voice that tells you you’re not good enough or why bother it’s all been done before)

The online site for this course had links to numerous interviews that were very inspiring and offer some good advice for marketing and making time for creative endeavors.

I am sure that in the weeks and months to come I will uncover many benefits I’ve gained from WINS. In the meantime, I made a collage to commemorate my efforts and I sketched a “reportage illustration (my 3rd one) made during the last conference call.

One thing is for sure, I would never have the benefit of connecting with such a talented group of people if it weren’t for technology and I am so grateful that I’ve taken the time to make the most of this opportunity.

(click pic for enlargement)

No comments: