Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Drawings from Downton Abbey


To be quite honest, I didn't think I'd like Downton Abbey. I don't know why. Maybe I thought it would be too dry and boring.  But all it took was one episode and I was hooked. Everything from the scenic designs & fashions to the character development has grabbed my interest. Once season 3 finished, I found myself netflixing and ituning for the earlier shows. Now I'm about to view season 2 because I've seen the first and last seasons. How I would love to visit England to draw in Highclere Castle (the real Downton). 

We're drawing faces in my Basic Illustration class so I made these sketches while my students were working on theirs. 

As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I teach classes at Houston Community college. I'm off during the summer months and am available for drawing or creative workshops.

No comments: