Sunday, November 04, 2012

2012 Int'l Quilt Festival Houston is now history

click pic for enlargement

Getting ready for the Quilt Festival is always fun. One of the highlights of the festival is checking out all the outrageous outfits. The opening night is Halloween so there's a good reason to dress in costume but the rest of the weekend is no exception. It's fun to see the creative outfits some festival goers show up wearing. For me it's an chance to dust off my vintage hats.  

This year I managed to come home without buying any fabric, mostly because I've been getting my fabric from vintage clothes and linens. I did check out various thread vendors for exciting colors and found some tinsel thread that will glitter up my next stitch project. Think holidays.

click pic for enlargement

I took pictures but mostly I just wandered around and oogled all the quilts. There is SO MUCH to take in.  I discovered some wonderful artists and wrote down names. Some of whom I found on the internet and decided to send an email. Thought they'd like to know that their work was inspiring.

I chatted with some artists too and made new friends. I would like nothing better than to collaborate with other mixed media artists because I have such a passion for art and sharing it!


post signature

No comments: