Friday, January 27, 2012

Doodling



Over at the sketchbook challenge, the theme for January is doodling. I just started a new semester at the community college, so I challenged the students in my illustration class to make doodles.

"What's a doodle?" some of them inquired.

Basically, I didn't want to set guidelines or rules because doodling is freeform markmaking. Here's what I suggested:

Letting go and just playing with the shapes and designs - never knowing what you'll come up with.

Making marks on the page and seeing what develops

Filling the page with random shapes or marks

1 comment:

Wrenaissance Art said...

Did you hear the news report a couple of years ago about how people who doodled while listening to a phone conversation were able to remember more of the details about the conversation than people who just listened?