Friday, April 10, 2009

Good News (and not so good news)


First, the not so good news. Shown here is the art quilt that didn't get picked for 2010 Art Quilts Calendar. The theme was Fresh Picked . Pokey Bolton from Quilting Arts magazine announced the finalists today. There were over 300 entries. Congratulations to the winners!

Now the Good News! I was contacted by Jenny Doh and will have an art quilt printed in a brand new publication called Art Quilting Studio. I can't reveal the entire piece before publication but here's a sneak peak
I must say getting the news about being published is a whole lot better than being rejected. Honestly, I don't make art for recognition, I make it because of the joy it brings me.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

How exciting! congratulations!

Lorraine said...

thats fantastic news well done