Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Work of Art


This painting was hanging in the front room over the fire place of the Married Ladies Social Art and Charity Club. It's such a compelling work of art and the story about the artist is even more so. I was drawn into the piece by the figures and how well they were shown together. The grandmother is focused on her sewing and the granddaughter looks on with such intent. Look how they both give it all their concentration. Michelle told me it was painted by a man who was incarcerated and he did it all from memory. I wrote down his name but now I can't find it. So I enlarged his signature. I think this painting belongs in a museum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice indeed! I cannot make out the signature to try and Google him, either :(

I would love to learn to quilt...one more thing to add to my love of all things creative! Gina