Friday, November 28, 2008

Day After Thanksgiving



I am thankful for a few days off from work (school) to enjoy a few good books (listed below). This inspired me to make bookmarks because I have a bad habit of folding corners of pages to mark my spot. So I went in the studio and painted, stamped, embossed and glittered on a large sheet of craft paper. Then I cut the collage in strips measuring 1.75 x 7 inches. Fibers were added as a finishing touch. I plan to give these out to teachers, secretaries and counselors at work.


My bookList:
  • The Voice of Knowledge by Don Miguel Ruiz. Based on ancient Toltec wisdon, the author reminds us that we add emotional baggage to our lives by believing too many lies about ourselves ~ the biggest lie is that we are imperfect!

  • Almost French by Sarah Turnbull. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to move away from where you are now and live in Paris? The author tells us her experience including finding a job, an apartment, a dog and a good restaurant.
  • No comments: