Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Heart & Soul


I have been making art all my life. Shape and color have provided expression for me for as long as I can remember. I wake up thinking of ways to explore creative ideas and share them with others. Like many artists, I sometimes feel that my work tends to be all over the place. I work in mixed media because I enjoy the processes as much as the finished piece. These days I'm looking for a common thread that ties my work together. I want to focus more on bringing together many complex ideas to a distinct style. This is a challenge that many artists share and it would be helpful to know how others are doing it. I think the first step is to review all work and begin with a list of descriptive words. Then, see what words are repetitive. I am taking an inventory of my art and the words that keep coming up for me are heart and soul. I am beginning to see how those words not only describe the work compositionally but also the passion that I have for creative expression.

3 comments:

Ann Christine Dennison said...

I love this little quilt!

Mary lin Huskamp said...

Love the heart!!!

Also the painting on the fence is really cool!

email me with your email and I will send you an invite for our INchies swap group

Marylin

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

that's the name of my url in my blog heart and soul...
come! you are invited! please?
you are awesome!!!