Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Art & Yoga


I went back to a yoga class this week. I haven't been all winter. There was a woman there who gave up half way through. I felt sorry for her. It was a beginner class and we were doing basic stretches but I think she was trying too hard to get it perfect like the teacher. Yoga and Art are a lot alike. There are many ways to begin again and each time you start over you learn something new. I find it's best to approach both yoga and my art by focusing on progress and not perfection. It's really about finding what works for us individually without trying to copy others. And, when it's not comfortable, instead of giving up, just stop and breathe. Only go as far as you can. Sometimes, it's just a matter of sitting quietly and closing your eyes.

No comments: