Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This blog is my little soap box in the universe and I'm going to stand upon it as I reflect on what this past Memorial Day represents. We honor the men and women who fought for our country in the name of peace. I honor Casey Sheehan.

It saddens me today that his mother, Cindy Sheehan, has been "drained by biting criticism and partisan politics" and leaves the fight for peace to those of us who are brave enough to ask ourselves what we want for our country and what we are willing to do to get it.

This president continues to weaken the defenses of our country with a war he funds with our children's blood. Out of frustration I ask, "Who will help us now?"

I turn to inspiring teachers for answers and I am told this by Deepak Chopra:
"In the midst of disorder and confusion, which dominates every moment, there is the seed of Buddha nature, of awakening. If you notice these seeds and give them value, they will expand, and in time they will fill the holes of isolation and meaninglessness. The path is subtle but natural, and open to everyone. Your job is to notice that there is light within you, however small."

Wake up America, for not only are we not recognizing the light within, we are blowing out the light for others whose dream is to bring us one step closer to peace and save one more soldier from the grave.

No comments: