Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Keeping the Faith


Here is a drawing Cully made while riding the subway in his Moleskine journal. I bought it from him while he was in Houston showing his work. At the time it was difficult for me to decide which drawing to choose because they were all so good. Now I know I made the right choice.

I take it to mean that the hands are holding a book that is holy simply because of the ribbon marker that is hanging over the binding. I wonder if the person holding the holy book is reading his daily prayers on the subway or if he's in a crisis and needs the prayers to get from one moment to the next.

Right now I am going through a very difficult time involving someone I love very much who I am praying for. As I ride the emotional roller coaster daily, I am reminded of faith and how we have to rely on our core beliefs to sustain us.
If you are so inclined, please keep me and my family in your thoughts.

UPDATE: (Feb 14, 2007)
One thing I know for sure when all this is behind us, some very powerful art will come of it.

No comments: