Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Paper Casting Results


I thought I'd share the results of an art experiment I never would have tried if I hadn't read about it on Michelle Ward's blog.

I have this Mary statue that I like alot because of the peaceful expression on her face so I made a mold of it using polymer clay. I also used a foam stamp from Michael's for the swirly motif paper cast. I'll probably apply gesso and paint but I'm afraid I might mess them up. If so, I can always make another paper cast. If you'd like to experiment with paper casting, here's the link to Michelle's blog. Thanks, Michelle!

2 comments:

michelle said...

Sharon - there are terrific! Now you gotta make alot more so you experiment with paint on them. Thanks for sharing that you tried it - nice to know my blog is being read!
~Michelle

get zapped said...

How cool! These casts are beautiful and serene. Thanks for sharing these and the link. Look forward to more experiments.