Friday, May 05, 2006

I love you, Aunt Lottie


sisters, originally uploaded by e14studio.

I called my Aunt Lottie (she's the one in the middle) a few weeks ago to let her know I was thinking of her because I knew she wasn't feeling well. She is a darling lady who worked with her husband to operate a tavern in North Tonawanda, New York. (It was a great place to visit when I was a kid.) Anyway, my conversation with her was very emotional but I didn't try to tell her that I hoped she got better. I told her not to be afraid and that I loved her. I did tell her I hoped I'd see her when I visited this summer. With a heavy heart, she said, "I won't be here." When I hung up the phone, I knew she was right.

I will be leaving soon for her funeral. I will celebrate her life with my Mom and her older sister. I will also be visiting my muses!

I'm glad I had the chance to tell her how much I loved her when she was here. I feel badly now but I would be feeling much worse if I hadn't bothered to call her when I did. So go hug an aunt or a dear old lady for me, will ya?

1 comment:

etre-soi said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog :)
You're so right we need to tell people who love them before it's too late...hope I could have done that also when my mom died but I was 13 and everything went so fast.