Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Here it is


pouch, originally uploaded by e14studio.

It felt funny to scan my prayer pouch; as if I were diminishing it's purpose or something. But I wanted to share it, or should I say share the experience of making it, and keeping it.
Wellness is my focus. After years of taking my body for granted, it's come down to the fact that I need to take better care of myself. So I made this pouch as a talisman for such a personal intention.


There are no instructions for creating your own pouch. You just take materials and beads, tokens, ribbons and sew or glue the materials to create a pouch; write your prayer or intention and seal it inside.
I first learned about the idea of prayer pouches in Belle Armoire magazine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your prayer pouch. The concept is so powerful and it's great that you share it with us. It will inspire others to create too.