Sunday, March 02, 2014




I decided to do an internet fast for Lent. 

I thought about giving up meat like most Catholics, but I don't even like meat all that much.

 I just waste too much time on the computer!

This will be an interesting test of my will power.
 For 40 days I'm giving up blogs, instagram, facebook,  pinterest and twitter.

 I'll pretend I'm on retreat and there's no internet.
 It's not going to be easy.
(I will be checking email and getting online for school stuff.)

Forty days is a good amount of time to undo habits. Not that social media is a bad habit, it's just become a habit. And I've got better things to do with my time like explore techniques in my sketchbook and stitch some art quilts, submit art for publication. Maybe attempt a book of my own!

I'll be back!! It's going to be better than ever.

In the meantime, I leave you with some previous blog posts of mine that I hope you find interesting.

One of my favorite artists.












Meeting two of my favorite art quilt artists













How I met a famous writer whose paintings I admire













Rumi quotes I illustrated.


 Who doesn't love Rumi??
click here for Rumi artwork.








Please don't forget me while I'm gone. I'm excited to think of new stuff I'll be able to share after my internet fast is over. Please come back after Easter to see how it went. 

Subscribe by entering your email address in the box below.