Wednesday, August 22, 2012

en plein air

I've been away for awhile and though I love traveling, it's become a bit stressful these days. I'm not one of those who needs to go to fancy restaurants or shop all the local boutiques, my favorite things to do when I travel is to just hang with people and be outside. So I want to share one of the best experiences I had recently while visiting my hometown in western New York state. I re-united with a friend I've known for over 40 years. Her name is Beverly and we went to high school together and began our art education together at the local community college. All these years later we still love making art and catching up with the gossip and sharing our work. She invited me to join her on a farm in Sanborn, NY  to do some en plein air drawing. BTW, that is a french expression which means "in the open air". Here are some pics from my morning on the farm and now that I'm back in the big city of Hou, TX, I already miss the delight of being outdoors to sketch and be in a natural setting. This was one of the best experiences of my summer!
(click on photo for enlargement)

No comments: