Thursday, October 15, 2009

Houston Quilt Festival - part 1

Yesterday was Day 1 of the Houston Quilt Festival. I attended a class called Sheers to You. Since I mostly use 100% cotton in my art quilts, I thought I'd play with sheers and see what can be done creatively. Basically the class was just experimenting with different pieces and fusing them with MistyFuse. I will have my finished class example to show as soon as I add stitching onto it.

Food at the convention center isn't that great and it's expensive. So I recommend walking the few blocks over to the Houston Center food court. While I strolled in that direction, I wandered through Discovery Green and listened to the band playing and saw all the globe sculptures.

By 5 o'clock the Festival opened for class attendees and it was nice to get a first glance at all the exhibits before it got crowded. I left my camera in the car, so I'll be sure to bring it out tomorrow when I go back.

I traded some of the ATC's I already shared here in the previous post. Here are a few more I will be taking tomorrow.

No comments: