Saturday, December 31, 2005

Home for the Holiday


Home for the Holiday, originally uploaded by e14studio.

It was a merry merry Christmas up in western New York with the family. Everyone loved their presents, especially Carla. I gave her a memory book that I created with fabrics and photo transfers.
Now it's time to get ready for a new year. The chef is in the kitchen cooking up cabbage and blacked eyed peas, a southern tradition for good luck and prosperity. I'll be putz-ing around in the studio.
Here is a link to my latest drawing - Diana's Wedding Gown. Before Christmas I had a chance to visit the Museum of Natural Science where there is an exhibit about Princess Diana. When I heard about it, I got it in my head that I wanted draw her wedding dress. (Don't know why... other than I remember watching the wedding on tv and seeing her get out of the carriage wearing that awesome dress.) So here it is 24 years later and she's gone (so sad). Lucky for me they placed a bench right near the case with her wedding dress so I could park myself and draw it. This is something I've never ever done before in all my years of drawing - i.e. draw in a museum. I probably wouldn't have followed through on this if it weren't for Danny Gregory's new book. I'm inspired to draw more in 2006.
What about you? What are you inspired to do in 2006?

No comments: