Saturday, May 21, 2005

Tree Drawing

UPDATE:
Apparantly this particular drawing gets a lot of attention and I don't know why. If you are interested in my current blog post click CLICK HERE


Anyway, glad you found me!

Tree Drawing, originally uploaded by e14studio.

Here is a drawing I did after reading Frederick Franck's book,Zen Seeing Zen drawing

I was inspired to draw a tree in my backyard. The quote from the book says, "I trust that what words cannot convey the drawing will."

That's the thing about drawing, you really can't talk about it or write about it, you just do it and whenever you go back and look at the drawing you get feelings or memories that are vivid and beyond words. And if it's a drawing by another artist, if it moves you, it's not about a description of the drawing, it's about a feeling you get when you look at it.

Time to get out the sketchbook and sharpen up the No.2 pencils and just draw!